Amgen is searching for an Undergrad Coop full time student to support AML6 -Drug Substance Organization. This role will report to a Senior Manager and will be based on Amgen Manufacturing Limited Juncos' site.
The student will have the opportunity to support the Department's projects, activities and daily operations in Amgen Manufacturing Limited through the use of related technical concepts and tools. The assignment will start on May / June 2019 for 6 months up to 1 year based on business needs.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Support scheduling and green belt capacity model projects
- Perform meeting to provide status of assigned projects
- Perform process analysis
- Portrait information using Power Point, Excel and Word
- Perform time studies
- Complete Standard Work activities for assigned operations
- Independently understand, follow and implement basic instructions
- Prioritize and meet deadlines
- Work as a team player and/or independently
- Interact constructively with peers
- Evaluate documentation and operations according to company procedures
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS - EDUCATION/LICENSES
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering
- At least 3.00 GPA (General)
- Not yet graduated
- Pursuing an applicable degree or course of study
- Be enrolled in school
- Completed at least 3 years of college education
- Computer literacy (Excel Programming, Word, Power Point, Visio and Minitab)
- Leadership skills
- Basic understanding of Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMPs)
- Clear and concise writing skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong decision making and efficient time management skills
- Basic word processing, presentation and spreadsheet application skills
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal in Spanish and English)
- Previous Experience in Controlled Environments
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Associated topics: aerospace, architecture, automotive engineering, construction, dynamics, industrial, industrial engineering, information science, mechanical engineering, software engineering